Florida is one of only a few states that regulate Workers Compensation Rates.
- In 1935 the first law was passed to help employers and workers with injuries.
- “1937, approximately 40,380 cases were handled by the Commission, providing benefits of $963,711.00 to injured employees in compensation and medical treatment.”
- “First medical fee schedule was adopted in 1938”
- 1978 through 1982 nearly 23% reduced premiums for employers
- “1990, the Bureau Of Workers’ Compensation Fraud was established””The Workers’ Compensation Drug Free Workplace Program was added”
- In 2003 the Florida Legislative enacted a reform to improve prices, reduce claims and regulate insurers. “with changes to the Permanent Total, Impairment Income and Death Benefit structures, construction industry exemptions, compliance enforcement, medical services, as well as examination and investigation of carrier and claim handling entities.”
We provide Workers Comp Insurance throughout Florida including: